Software products and websites no longer succeed solely by virtue of the features they contain. Increasingly, market differentiation comes from meeting the specific needs of the end users, providing products that are easy to learn and use, and reducing user errors and the costs associated with such errors. Usable products sell themselves through continued customer loyalty and through the referrals of satisfied customers. Usable products achieve user satisfaction in every instance where the users interact with a product, from the product itself to the documentation. The following services can help your company increase users satisfaction by improving the user experience. Contact me to discuss which services can help create a satisfying user experience in your products.
- User and task analysis
- Answer the questions: Who are your users? What do they do? How do they do their work?
- Functional and usability requirements specifications
- Set goals for a useful, usable, and satisfying product.
- User interface design
- Design the main user experience.
- Heuristic evaluations
- Evaluate existing or in-development products against software usability standards to find significant usability issues. These findings can help you determine options for improving the user experience.
- Usability testing
- Learn from your users where your product excels in user satisfaction and where the user experience needs further work. When performed throughout the development life cycle, usability testing helps you deliver a product with the best user experience possible.
- Usability process development
- Define a usability process that meshes with your current product development life cycle ensures that every project will create products with a consistently satisfying user experience. Creating usability guidelines and templates can also be created to support the usability process.
- Information modeling
- Organize information collected from users and from industry research and determine what information to include in your product and how to organize it in the way that users will use it.
- Information design and development
- Document all stages of project development, from analysis and design to deployment to the users. Quality project documentation is not only user documentation delivered at the end of a project. Incorporating documentation throughout the product life cycle helps maintain the focus on the defined project goals and end user needs for all deliverables.
Return to Top